How to make a reusable coffee cup sleeve with a snap closure. This easy free pattern will help you make some easy gifts for the holidays!
This post contains affiliate links which may earn me commissions should you click through them and take certain actions. As an affiliate for Amazon and other sites, I earn from qualifying purchases. Please DIY carefully. View my full legal disclosures here.
Please read the whole post so you don’t miss any important information!
I was considering what to do for a cute and easy sewing gift, and decided a coffee cozy would be PERFECT. They’re simple to make, even for a beginner, and don’t take a lot of fabric.
For mine, I used a snap to close it, but you could also use a button. I like that they are a great way to protect your hands when you have a hot cup without using a disposable cardboard cozy.
Supplies to Make a Coffee Sleeve
- Flannel fabric
- Free coffee cozy pattern or make your own.
- Snaps and snap pliers (or use a button)
You can sign up below to get the free pattern.
How to Make a Coffee Cozy
Learn how to sew a coffee cozy in this video or scroll below for a photo tutorial.
Step 1: Cut two layers of flannel in the shape of your pattern.
Step 2: Face right sides together. Pin.
Step 3: Sew around, leaving an area to turn and top stitch.
Step 4: Turn. Iron.
Step 5: Top stitch.
Step 6: Add snap. This is a post about how to install snaps if you’re not familiar with the process.
Don’t forget! Share your final projects on the Stuff Mama Makes Facebook group!
Love it? Pin it!
- Make your own Pot Holder
- DIY Grocery Bag Holders
- DIY Art Displays
- How to make Cloth Napkins or Wipes
- DIY Reusable Bread Bag (to give with fresh bread)
- Learn to make a Braided Dog Toy
- DIY Paper Mache Pokeball
- Recipe for Peach Infused Liquor
- Create a Large Pot Holder for a Casserole Dish
- DIY Fabric and Wood Cross
- Free Adult Apron Pattern
- DIY Cake Mix Cookies in a Mason Jar
- DIY Pillowcase
- DIY Library Tote Bag
- DIY Tile Coasters
- DIY Essential Oil Storage Box
- DIY Bowl and Casserole Dish Covers
- DIY Dry Oil Perfume
- DIY Lunch Bag
- DIY Wall Decals
- DIY Pokemon Boo Boo Bags
- DIY Cement Candle Holders
- DIY Wood Step Stools
- DIY Easy Soy Candles
- DIY Cutting Boards
- DIY T-Shirt Stencils Using Freezer Paper
- DIY Balancing Wine Holder
- DIY Easy Concrete Planters
- DIY Reusable Gift Bags