Facebook group for crafters to share projects.
A Facebook Group for Crafters
Want to join a group where you can share your projects and ask questions? I created a community called “Stuff Mama Makes” on Facebook for YOU to participate and meet other DIYDanielle followers. You can be a mom, grandma, and we won’t discriminate if you happen to be a man either. You just need to be a ‘maker’ to participate. Anything DIY goes- baking, crafts, sewing, scrapbooking, and building.
We also have monthly challenges- and prizes! As we grow, I’ll try to add more prizes, but for now it’s one $10 gift card each month to a random participant in the challenge.
Our challenges include:
- January-February 2018: Stash Busting Challenge
- March 2018: Make it for Myself
- April 2018: Crafting for Kids
- May 2018: Month of Mending
The Rules for the Stuff Mama Makes FB Group
- Feel free to share a video or photo of your project. If you have an Etsy shop or blog, you’re welcome to leave the link to the info on the project in the comments.
- Feel free to ask questions if you are working on something and want opinions or more information.
- Please keep it fairly PG… you’re welcome to post NSFW content, but give a warning in your post, then post the actual photos in the comments so folks can scroll past if they have little ones watching.
- No spam please.
- Be kind.
My hope is that this can be a supportive community where we can ask questions when we need help or want opinions on a project, as well as for showing off our projects. I created this in lieu of my old ‘Show and Tell’ page because I think Facebook is an easier place for people to share and connect with each other. While my Facebook pages are a great place to comment, it doesn’t give everyone an option to communicate with each other.
I would love to see some of your projects made from my blog in the group. I know we get a lot of people who make the lunch bag, car seat poncho, this dish cloth hanger, and this Ryder vest. But anything DIY, crafts, sewing, baking, and more goes! It doesn’t need to be off my site (although I LOVE to see completed projects).
When you sign up to join this Facebook group for crafters, you’ll be asked what your favorite craft/hobby is. Please answer the question so I can approve you. I ask this question to screen out spammers. Some groups have issues with virus type posts going up and I want to avoid that if possible.