This post contains affiliate links. Using those links helps support my blog- thank you!
This is one of the cooler projects we’ve done, and it was a LOT of work. It took us about three weeks total. My husband did the majority of the work honestly because I’m not allowed near sharp objects… (only joking a little bit here, I’m really accident prone). I did the organizing and the painting.
Breakdown of Costs:
- Cabinets, Countertop, and Base: $569.76
- Bookshelf/Miscellaneous Other Supplies: $427.05
- Desk Grommets and 2″ Forstner Bit: $25.90
- Two more cabinets: $122.00
- Cabinet Lighting: $34.75
- Cabinet hardware: $19.95 (plus two I had sitting around from another project)
- TV Mount: $28.69
- Painting Supplies: $9.94 (I had everything besides some extra sandpaper that I needed)
Must of the larger items on this project were ordered through Ebates for pickup from Lowes. This gave me an additional “discount” that isn’t shown here- instead I get a percentage back (2% at the time) from Ebates in the form of a gift card. Support this blog by signing up free for Ebates below:
We also added trim. Sigh, it’s so pretty.
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Cabinet Base
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Countertop
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Painting and Distressing
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Bookshelves
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Electronics
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Lighting