|Glad we have a minivan. This was only one trip worth.|
Here he’s using tape to mark where he plans to put the tv and bookshelves so he can get a good idea what to buy for supplies. We have tall ceilings so he had to measure with that in mind. Note all the hardware on the wall to prevent furniture from tipping, eh. Glad we won’t need that with these.
- (2) 30x18x12″ Oak Single Door Kitchen Wall Cabinets: $122.00
- Wood and such: $427.05
The majority of the shelf is MDF, but then he used wood to surround the edges.
It’s pretty vital to make sure the shelves are level.
Then we had our neighbor, Sky, help us lift them up. Brandon used these thingy mabobs to hold them in place.
Then I painted and distressed. Painting these mo’fo’s was NO JOKE. It’s a lot of work. Lots of crevices. There is the tops, sides, underneath and bottoms of each shelf. Distressing made it more work. However, I’m glad we distressed because it’ll hopefully hide the flaws our inexperience may have brought to the project. I taped a little to prevent paint splatters but mostly used the ” be careful” method of painting. Moderately successful, I’d say.
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Cabinet Base
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Countertop
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Painting and Distressing
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Electronics
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Lighting
- Built-in Entertainment Center: Final Reveal