This post may contain affiliate links. Using these links helps support my blog. Thank you!
Per usual, I’m here at the last minute posting about MY Halloween costume. Because that’s how I roll every single year.
For Halloween, Tristan is only 10 weeks old so I decided that it would be fun to do a mommy and me costume. We use an Ergobaby carrier once the boys are older, but where he’s still so little, I like to use a ring sling. Godric, 6, decided the Hungry Caterpillar would be an awesome costume for Tristan so I put together a quick and easy Very Hungry Caterpillar costume for him.
Of course, I decided the best costume for me would be a tree and the ring sling could be a cocoon! I love how these came out. I just wish I’d made the hat for Tristan a bit bigger because his head has grown since I made it and it’s now falling off. Boo. Oh well it’ll work for tonight at least!
Supplies listed below may include affiliate links to the products.
- Several shades of green felt
- Glue gun: mine is awful, but I’m eyeballing the Ryobi glue gun to purchase soon because it looks like it works well.
- Green knit for the shirt, and I used a brown lycra knit from fabric.com for the pants
- Patterns for Pirates: Patterns for Peg Legs and Free Spirit Tank (a warmer option for your top may be a good idea if you live in a cooler climate). The Free Spirit Tank I already made with some darker green knit so I just used that, but the peg legs I made for this costume.
- For the Hungry Caterpillar Costume supplies, please check out the post and tutorial for it.
Once all of my leaves were “3D” then I glued them onto my bandanna and garland. Sewing likely would have been more sturdy, but I don’t plan to wear this more than once and it worked pretty well.