I have been working on a costume for my son for the local Renaissance Festival. This costume is separated into three blog posts:
I made the straps, turned and top stitched them. Then I stitched them onto the back of the shield. You could make them horizontal or vertical, it’s a personal preference thing.
Sewed the back and front fabrics, right sides together, and left a small opening to add the fluff. Turned. Added the fluff and sewed up the hole. I think there’s fancy stitches you can use to do this, but I didn’t bother. I might seam rip later to fix it once I find a good tutorial on how to stitch it closed, but I just didn’t have the time or patience today.