I really wanted to try to make the boys some pajamas from knit fabric, but I’ve not had much luck making shirts for the boys with their big heads. This time I decided to try the envelope neckline.
- For the shirt I used this tutorial: http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-the-90-minute-shirt.html. I made the pattern by taking apart an old 18 month from G. I used knit fabric (black) for the “ribbing” and sleeves seeing I didn’t have ribbing. I think I cut it too wide though so I think that is why the neckline isn’t as sturdy as hers was in the picture. I’ll probably try 1.5″ next time… I wasn’t measuring when I cut mine and it very likely was more like 3″.
- For the pants I used the Taylor’s Pajama Pants pattern: https://www.fabric.com/creativity-headquarters-free-pattern-downloads-taylor-39-s-pajama-pants-kids-pattern.aspx. These were a very good fit, although a bit long seeing he’s not quite in 18 month sizes yet.
I really loved how it came out and now I want to make a bunch more… I love love love handmade clothes as they seem to last so much longer, despite how much I have the kids wear them. I really need to try to make them more often seeing I enjoy sewing.
Here’s some pictures of it all completed.