With just a few simple steps, you can create beautiful handmade Christmas stockings for your family this year.
As the holidays approach, many of us start thinking about decorating our homes. And one of the most important elements of holiday decor is a Christmas stocking.
Whether you hang them by the fireplace or at the top of the staircase, stockings are a classic way to add some festive cheer to your home.
DIY Handmade Christmas Stockings
Some of the most popular types of DIY stockings are:
- Knitted Christmas Stockings: These cozy stockings are a classic look and make a wonderful gift.
- Crocheted Christmas Stockings: If you’re looking for something a little different, try crocheting your own stockings. The possibilities are endless when it comes to colors and patterns.
- Reversible Christmas Stockings: These two-sided stockings are a great way to add some color to your holiday decor. Plus, they’re reversible so you can use them year after year!
- Felt Christmas Stockings: Felt is a great material to use for stockings because it’s durable and easy to work with. Plus, it comes in lots of different colors so you can really get creative with your design.
- Patchwork Christmas Stockings: Patchwork stockings are fun and festive. They’re also a great way to use up scraps of fabric that you might have left over from other projects.
- Quilted Christmas Stockings: Quilted stockings are both beautiful and functional. Use up old quilts or thrift store finds to keep costs down.
- Floral Christmas Stockings: Add some floral beauty to your holiday decor with floral Christmas stockings. They’ll brighten up any room in your home.
Now that I’ve shared a few ideas for popular material options, let’s take a look at 21 easy handmade Christmas stockings with tutorials so you can make your own.
21 DIY Handmade Christmas Stockings That You Will Love!
From knit stockings to felt designs, there are plenty of easy options to choose from. So get crafty and add some extra festive cheer to your Christmas decor with handmade stockings.
Christmas Stockings with DIY Resin Gems
Amber from Amber-Oliver updated an inexpensive stocking with beautiful DIY resin embellishments.
Black Velvet Christmas Stocking
Create an elegant velvet Christmas stocking that is surprisingly easy to make.
Deli Paper Sweet Stockings
I LOVE this creative idea for deli paper holiday stockings. The candy cane striped design is so cute!
Christmas Stocking Ideas
Take a look at these unique patchwork style Christmas stockings for a lovely addition to your mantel or staircase.
How to Make Handmade Christmas Stockings
Chelsea from Lovely Indeed shows us how she made custom knit stockings using special fabric.
Make a Homemade Christmas Stockings from a Sweater
Turn an old sweater into a a unique DIY stocking. If you don't have any sweaters that will work, you can pick one up at a thrift store for cheap.
Christmas Stocking with FREE Printable Christmas Stocking Pattern
Use the included stocking pattern to make your bright and colorful stockings.
Free Pattern For A Personalized Dog Christmas Stocking
Don't forget your furry friends! Make them a personalized stocking with the included template.
Colorful DIY Christmas Stockings
Here is a great idea for colorful stockings with a twist!
Simple Ways to Make Buffalo Plaid Stockings!
Buffalo Plaid Stockings are a great addition to your Christmas decorations.
Easy Sew Rustic Stockings
This DIY rustic stocking tutorial is easy enough for even a beginner sewer!
Christmas Stockings with Free Pattern
Use whatever fabric you like and this free stocking pattern to create a lovely stocking to use year after year.
DIY Felt Stocking with a Free Sewing Pattern
Felt stockings are great to make because they are inexpensive to make and the color options are endless! Add embellishments to really personalize it.
Quilted Christmas Stocking Pattern
Heather from Heather Handmade shares a DIY quilted stocking tutorial that is so pretty!
Unicorn Christmas Stocking
This handmade unicorn stocking is simply adorable. Kids will love this custom stocking.
Diy Christmas stocking with an upcycled stuffed animal
This upcycled stuffed animal is a unique idea for a Christmas stocking.
Dog Paw Stocking Free Pattern
Create the purrfect stocking for your dog with this dog paw stocking pattern. Love the fringe!
Nordic Crochet Christmas Stocking
Learn how to make a beautiful Nordic style Christmas stocking using a free pattern that is included.
Personalize Christmas Stockings with Your Cricut
I used my Cricut to personalize buffalo plaid stockings for my kids and love how they turned out.
Easy Christmas Stocking Knitting Pattern
Pick up your favorite yarn to make a super soft handknit stocking.
I made these stockings several years ago using fabric in a traditional Christmas print.
Looking for more Christmas decorating ideas? I’ve got you covered! Check out these ideas:
- 33 DIY Christmas Ornaments
- 17 DIY Christmas Card Holders
- DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas
- DIY Christmas Crafts
Please share and pin this post! If you make this project, share it in our Stuff Mama Makes Facebook Group. We have regular giveaways for gift cards to craft stores. You can also tag me on Instagram @doityourselfdanielle; I love seeing everything you make!
Google Web Story: Easy DIY Christmas Stockings