This post may contain affiliate links. Using these links helps support my blog. Thank you!
I needed a wreath or something for our front door that would be Harry Potter themed. I decided to make a wood sign from scrap wood (a thin plywood and some strips of MDF). It worked out really well and I decorated it with leaves and acorns.
This project is just a small part of our Halloween porch design which is Harry Potter themed this year. Make sure to keep an eye out for the other projects and the final reveal.
Supplies Supplies listed below may include affiliate links to the products.
- Hot glue gun
- Heavy Duty Single Hole D Ring / Triangle Strap Hanger w/ Screws
- Scrap Wood: Mine is lightweight thin plywood for the front and MDF for the back which is probably key if you want the adhesive to do the trick.
- Silhouette Cameo , Cutting Mat, Weeding Tool, and 651 Vinyl
- Cricut Transfer Paper
- Stain of some sort. I used Amy Howard’s Vintage Wood. I like the look and smell of it.
- Mod podge
- A strong adhesive. I used DAP Rapid Fuse.
I just used a piece of string through the D rings to hang it from my normal wreath hanger.
Here’s a video showing my process:
Love it? Pin it!
Thanks for taking the time to read this post! I really appreciate the time you’ve taken. Please share, like, and pin my post if you enjoyed it. Follow me on social media and subscribe to my email list to keep up to date on all of my latest projects!