I’ve been pretty excited because my MOPS group is collecting shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. I have never done this before and it was just such a fun opportunity to do something for kids in need. I had a GREAT time packing the shoe boxes. The boys helped a little, but I did most of the work because I didn’t want them running off with my supplies.
I did find myself leaning strongly towards items that are useful. Maybe it’s a complete mom thing, but I wanted to make sure the kids had hygiene and safety items first. I tried to think of things that I’d want with me if I was living where they are. The box is only so big.
Supplies listed below may include affiliate links to the products.
- Soap and soap boxes (the linked set has 6 boxes)
- Shoe box (I found a set of 5 for $4.66 on clearance at Target)
- First Aid Kit
- Notepad (this barely fit)
- Glue stick
- Pencil sharpener
- Small First Aid kit
- Foam football
- Toothbrush and toothpaste kit with container
- Eraser (Bought a set of two, removed packaging and put one in each shoe box)
- Melamine bowl (found at Target)
- Flash Light (bought a set of four and split between the boxes)
- Batteries (AAA for flash light)
- Girl: Sewing kit (I added cuts of fabric to sew, making sure to stick with neutral type prints), hair bands, jump rope, embroidery thread.
- Boy:Tape Measure