My husband and I accidentally created this recipe a month ago when we realized we were missing some key ingredients for the quesadilla recipe we had been intending to use. I’m so excited because it’s SUPER yummy, even though I really turned my nose up to putting pineapple in when he suggested it. He’s way better with recipes than I am so I’m glad I listened to him and tried it anyways!
- Cooked, shredded Chicken- 1 lb
- Bbq sauce- 1 cup
- Bacon- cooked, cut up
- Mix Cheddar/Pepper Jack shredded cheese
1. Cook the chicken in the crockpot for 4 hours on high with 1 cup of BBQ sauce. When done, shred.
2. Cook bacon. Cut up into small pieces.
3. Cut up pineapple. I use this pineapple corer below (affiliate link) and it works awesome! We like pineapple a lot so it was a good purchase to save us money rather than buying it precut. I really didn’t think it’d work.
Don’t use too much chicken or it will overpower the other ingredients. You can add extra BBQ sauce if you would prefer. I love lots of cheese. I like how the pepper jack adds a little kick. And yum!