By visiting the above link and purchasing from
Amazon, you help to support this blog. Thank you!
- The dot markers are kept on a high shelf and only mommy gets them down.
- You can only have one marker at a time. You put one back and get a new one.
- Mommy holds onto the box of dot markers until you’d like to pick a new one.
- You get to say what color marker you want when you need a new one.
- We put the caps back on our markers.
- We are gentle with our markers.
|You can tell that he’s getting more accurate as we progress…|
So like this, “Godric, do you know what letter this is?” (wait, see if he’s got an answer) “Yes it’s the letter A!” (he only occasionally gets it right which is normal at this age from what I understand). “A says ahhhhhh, can you say ahhhhh” “Ahhhh…” “Do you know what starts with the letter A? APPLE!” “Apple!” And so on.
It’s very cool and he really seems to enjoy himself. I think he does well with structured activities. The morning is the best time for us to complete activities like this because that’s when he’s most receptive, and his brain is most awake. Sometimes I’ll try it right after a good nap too.