I feel like all we ever did was have showings on our homes when I was in middle and high school so I like to think I’m a “pro” on this topic, even though I hate cleaning itself. I have a really hard time getting motivated to clean and it’s easy to wait until an hour before a showing and freak out. I don’t have the luxury this time, with a baby so I want to do it right. I created a schedule to get myself on track.
To get a FREE printable to use to keep track of your own chores, subscribe to my newsletter. You’ll be sent a link to ALL of my free printables, including “Chore Lists for Home Sale.”
- Wipe down all surfaces in bathrooms
- Vacuum and sweep
- Laundry, at night
- Dishes in the dishwasher as they are used. Wipe all surfaces in kitchen, put away clean dishes.
- Clean off kitchen table.
- Pick up shoes (Baby G likes to pull them out of our shoe rack)
- Empty all small garbage cans into the large ones.
- Monday: Full bathroom cleaning
- Tuesday: Sweep away cobwebs outdoors
- Wednesday: Rotated monthly chore
- Thursday: Open
- Friday: Wash bed linens
- Saturday: Wipe down front door
- Sunday: Dust
Monthly (hopefully this won’t apply):
- Clean refrigerator
- Wipe down baseboards
- Wash windows
- Wash curtains, small carpets
1-2 Hours Before Showing:
- Turn all lights on, open curtains and blinds
- Turn on fireplace (winter)
- Mop floors
- Light candles
- Prepare handouts
- Vacuum if necessary
- Visual check on cleaning in all areas
- Put away toys in their designated spots