I love this recipe for Jenn’s Chicken Parmesano Supreme but it’s a lot of work to do the prep for the chicken and I don’t like the smell when you cook chicken on the stove with oil. Yuck. It smells, it splatters, there’s tons of cleanup. The recipe is AMAZING though. I decided to try an alternative to prep it.
Here’s what you need:
- Breaded chicken breast strips: I used Perdue Whole Grain Chicken Breast Strips
- 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 4 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
I basically took out all the chicken prep instructions and adjusted as needed to make sure chicken would be warm enough from being frozen.1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F. Put the frozen chicken into a casserole dish and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Remove from oven.
3. Add pasta sauce, making sure to put half under the chicken breasts and half on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I am not sure what I think yet… you can taste it’s breaded chicken underneath and it tastes a bit different to me, but it’s still yummy. It’s WAY easier so I think I’ll continue to do it this way though. Baby G, who normally hates all chicken, gobbled it up (huge surprise) so I guess it passes the test!